The Cake Is A Lie: Barack Obama, son!

2/12/09

Barack Obama, son!

So today we had a debate in class...ugh just great. Another excuse to give to certain individuals so they can talk even louder and longer as their annoying voices rang in my ears for another period. Anyway, not its my turn to bring my opinion to the table.

Did the election of Barack Obama make affirmative action irrelevant?

One: Since when did Obama election now prove to the world that we are no longer a racist country?
Two: Having a black president suddenly means that the minority factor shouldnt exist?

Come on now, I dont want to shove my opinions down your throats but with affirmative action, it gives people a chance for a future. People like me who cant afford much of anything 'cause im so damn cheap and poor. Affirmative action helps promote equal opportunity amongst us. Saying we dont need it since there is no minority as we have a black president is ridiculous to me. Its like taking away reality where many of us ARE a minority that need this for fuck's sakes. Shouldnt we all be able to be given a chance even though were poor, black, latino, asian,etc etc?

0 comments: